Ubisoft announces that the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of Rainbow Six Siege will be available from December 1st. In addition to a number of improvements, the new version will allow you to play in 4K and up to 120 fps, depending on the mode chosen by the players (performance or resolution). Furthermore, it will be possible to upgrade your version on the same device family at no additional cost. All the details in the official press release.
More than five years after the release of Rainbow Six Siege, the launch on next-generation consoles is an important step in Ubisoft’s continued support for the game.
Current players on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will be able to keep their progress and upgrade the game at no additional cost * for the same family of devices. Also, Cross-Platform Play Will Be Available Within the Same Device Family, Allowing PlayStation®5 Users to Challenge PlayStation®4 Players and Xbox One Gamers to Do the Same with Xbox Series X Users | S. At present, cross play between different console families or between PC and console is not supported.
On next-generation consoles, players will be able to experience all the graphical enhancements that Rainbow Six Siege has to offer. These enhancements will offer a number of options for prioritizing performance or resolution, as long as players are equipped with a compatible device:
- 4K resolution (PS5, Xbox Series X) / 1080p (Xbox Series S)
- 120 frames per second (PS5, Xbox Series X)
- DualSense controller functionality for increased immersion (PS5)
- Activity support for popular playlists so players can immerse themselves in the game faster (PS5)
For all platforms, the following features will also be implemented to deliver a better next-generation experience:
- Better accessibility (Readability, text-to-speech and speech-to-text options)
- Quick Start (Streamlined Login Flow, Simplified Getting Started Sequence)
- Ubisoft Connect (Connect Overlay on all platforms)
Rainbow Six Siege is already available on the next generation consoles with the respective versions for Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
The new generation of hardware provides the latest technologies and features, and Rainbow Six Siege will continue to improve to take advantage of all these opportunities offered by the new platforms.