Through a press release on their official blog, Epic Games has announced that its flagship Fortnite, will PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series Xthe game boxes new generation, which is expected to reach the end of 2020. At the time of the announcement, Fortnite Chapter 2 it is located in the Season 2 your Pass Battle. I have all the keys of this new version:
Fortnite: confirmed a version for PS5 and Xbox Series X
In the publication, which announced the future release of Fortnite for PS5 and Xbox Series X, Epic Games has cleared some of the doubts that are recurrent with respect to this news. According to them, “there will be more concrete details as we get closer to the release“. However, these are data that have specified:
- This is not a new video game. It is Fortnite, as we know it, but adapted to the hardware of the new consoles. Be treated, therefore, of the best possible version of the game on consoles.
- At the beginning, Fortnite in PS5 and Xbox Series X will use Unreal Engine 4though Epic Games plan on changing the engine to Unreal Engine 5 in mid-2021.
- Fortnite will still be available on the platforms on which you can already play: PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and smartphones Android and iOS.
- Epic Games will work for the progress of our accountand all objects acquired and associated with it stay when you want to log in to the game on PS5 and/or Xbox Series X.
- There are plans for the game cross/crossplay between PS5 and Xbox Series X and the rest of versions.
These are, broadly speaking, all the key points that Epic Games has commented with respect to the version of the next generation of consoles Fortnite. There are No big surprises between them, except the update of the game engine to Unreal Engine 5 in the year 2021. In fact, the same day of this announcement of Fortnite, Epic Games announced the new version of its popular engine, showing how it works in PS5.
Call of Duty: Warzone will also be on PS5 and Xbox Series X
Another battle royale that has come stomping is Call of Duty: Warzone. At the beginning of may, Activision made public its intentions of bring this game to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. In this way, Fortnite will have a competition quite stiff in this particular genreas Warzone has come to stay; in a month came to 50 million players.
Epic Games announced in early may of 2020 Fortnite came to the 350 million players. The figures of the Warzone at your side can seem trivial, although it is true that their growth has been much higher the game of Epic Games; Fortnite Battle Royale came to the 45 million players to 16 weeks of its launch, while Call of Duty: Warzone did it in a month.